We had a #StayAtHome Pancake Bake-Off
And the Winner was Our
Glazed Cinnamon Sugar Buttermilk Pancakes!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and the salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour in the milk mixture and stir the two mixtures until combined. It is okay if the batter has small lumps, do not over-stir the batter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly brush it with melted butter. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the skillet. Spread the batter into a 4-inch circle. The batter will be thick.
- When the edges of the pancakes look dry and bubbles start to appear on the surfaces turn it over. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked in the middle.
Make the Glaze
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from heat then whisk in the cream cheese until it is a thick paste.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of the milk. Drizzle the pancakes.
Get the Gear
Check out our pancake pans to have your own family #StayAtHome pancake bakeoff and send 40% to a cause in need.